- 23 November ~ 23 November posted an entry for
- alfthomas's entry for 23 November ~ 23 November favourited
- alfthomas favourited 's entry for 22 November ~ 22 November
- 22 November ~ 22 November posted an entry for
- 21 November ~ 21 November posted an entry for
- bergfoto's entry for 21 November ~ 21 November favourited
- 20 November ~ 20 November posted an entry for
- 19 November ~ 19 November posted an entry for
- 18 November ~ 18 November posted an entry for
- digitaldaze's journal ~ 18 November subscribed to
I've been at this lark for more than four years, so time for a biography update. I started out as a phone camera user. I was once the blipper known in the early days as Streaklife, until I gave my Streak swimming lessons in Newhaven Harbour. Then I became Arclight, because my second photography device was a Sony Experia Arc phone.
Since then I've been through a number of cameras and devices and currently (late 2014) I use mainly an EOS M compact and sometimes a Canon s100. Being on blip means that I do look up the cameras that other people use, and I do sometimes experience envy, but rarely act on it.
I've largely continued with the original idea which is to make this a journal of happenstance without any claimed photographic merit. Over the years, I have started to experiment a bit more with the types of pictures I take, challenging my own perceived limitations, and I find that quite satisfying. I had fun in April 2012 with a challenge which required to take photographs to specific subjects.
I backblipped "the early life of the Streak", more or less back to the time when I first got it. This was the first photo I took with the Streak that I was reasonably happy with. I
formulate plans, from time to time, to backblip have recently started backblipping some other stuff, because I love the looking forward and looking backward function you have with thumbnails. So if you go to the first picture belonging to the Streak and work backwards, you'll find some other stuff including some additional fieldtrips to the Balkans. October 2009 was a busy month for that.
In real life, I travel a lot. My other favourite series is #leithwalkshops.
A year in blip
A second year in blip
Most popular blip. See here for details of why.
I now have a flickr account, where more photos can be found.
I'm on twitter: @joshaw