- Chrysanthemum's entry for 19 April ~ 19 April favourited
- flying's entry for 19 April ~ 19 April favourited
- 19 April ~ 19 April posted an entry for
- RexComu1's journal ~ 19 April subscribed to
- 18 April ~ 18 April posted an entry for
- Kaeyla's entry for 17 April ~ 18 April favourited
- Kaeyla's journal ~ 18 April subscribed to
- Fotoninja1's journal ~ 18 April subscribed to
- earthdreamer's entry for 17 April ~ 18 April favourited
- Gormac's entry for 17 April ~ 18 April favourited
About The Artist's Eye
I changed the name of my journal on December 28, 2010. Why? Because of the change in my life that began when I retired in 2005. At first I was a retired lady learning to paint. But gradually I became a painter who used to have a job. I decided to celebrate this transformation and to declare publicly that I am an artist. I'm a painter and a photographer and I take my work seriously. I no longer consider it to be "just a hobby." This change in me feels right and good.
That was over three years ago. Today it is January 18, 2014, the day after my 71st birthday. I still feel the way I did when I wrote that but much has changed. It's complicated and I don't want to go into details, but my time and energy has shifted and branched in the last six months or so. Now a good half of my time is involved in being the central support figure in my family. At first I rebelled against this change but now I embrace it. This is the new "me" for the foreseeable future.
I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have lived here since 1990. The moment I arrived I felt at home here. Since then I have grown more and more attached to this beautiful area with its special light. I love the city where I live. It has a rich culture with wonderful music and a large community of artists. Most of my photographs are from the area right around my home.
I have been a photographer most of my life. I started as a young teen with film and even did some darkroom work. Since the development of high quality digital I have completely switched. I carry a camera with me wherever I go. You can see more of my photographic work at The Chaikins of Bellingham. I also have a Flickr site but find I have mostly stopped posting work there. I do occasionally post work on my Blipfolio.
I am also a painter. You can see my paintings at www.annchaikin.com.