- 6 December hit the Spotlight page ~ 7 December 's entry for
- BikerBear favourited 's entry for 4 December ~ 7 December
- StuartDB's entry for 6 December ~ 7 December favourited
- Elysium's entry for 6 December ~ 7 December favourited
- Marieclaire60's entry for 5 December ~ 6 December favourited
- 6 December ~ 6 December posted an entry for
- 5 December hit the Spotlight page ~ 6 December 's entry for
- Hinchy18's journal ~ 5 December subscribed to
- Hinchy18 subscribed to 's journal ~ 5 December
- Gitama favourited 's entry for 4 December ~ 5 December
About The Artist's Eye
I changed the name of my journal today (December 28, 2010). Why? Well, I've been thinking about the transformation that has taken place in my life since I retired in 2005. At first I was a retired lady who was learning to paint. But gradually I became a painter who used to have a job. Today I decided to celebrate my transformation and to declare publicly that I am an artist. I'm a painter and a photographer and I take my work seriously. I no longer consider it to be "just a hobby." This change in me feels right and good.
I live in the Pacific Northwestern part of the United States. I have lived here since 1990. The moment I arrived I felt at home here. Since then I have grown more and more attached to this beautiful area with its special light. I love the small city where I live and enjoy photographing both rural and urban subjects.
I have been a photographer most of my life. I started as a young teen with film and even did some dark room work. Since the development of high quality digital I have completely switched. I carry a camera with me wherever I go. I love being able to capture a moment of beauty or amazement wherever I am. You can see more of my photographic work at The Chaikins of Bellingham and my Flickr site.
I am also a painter. Though I use my photographs for reference, my paintings are not about photographic realism. Instead they are expressions of my sense of the beauty and magic in a changing world. You can see my paintings at www.annchaikin.com.
A few favorites:
Me in my cousin's mirror.
Duma and Me
Eagles in the Park
Elaine at Work
Face in the Falls
Lilies in the Summer Rain
Self Portrait With Cat
Singing the Old Songs
Mt Shuksan from Artist's Point
Where the Body Was
Whatcom Falls in Winter
Rainy Day Kitty
Birch Bark and Fern
Come the Sun
Another Dramatic Morning
Fly on the Euphorbia
Cat in Box
Tonight is the Night
Grab and Go
Mule Riders at Dusk
An Hour Earlier than Yesterday
End of the Day
Frost on the Ferns