- EmmyHazyland favourited 's entry for 12 December ~ 12 December
- 12 December ~ 12 December posted an entry for
- 11 December ~ 12 December posted an entry for
- BetsysPics subscribed to 's journal ~ 12 December
- Photomatt's entry for 9 December ~ 11 December favourited
- Raison subscribed to 's journal ~ 10 December
- 10 December ~ 10 December posted an entry for
- SueL7 favourited 's entry for 9 December ~ 10 December
- 9 December ~ 9 December posted an entry for
- WharfedaleBex subscribed to 's journal ~ 8 December
About My First 731
Am an avid (very) amateur photographer looking to learn more about the mechanics of my cameras and the secrets behind those wonderful shots you see in magazines and newspapers - all help gratefully received.
Am not really a fan of post-photo processing (photoshop etc) preferring to try and make the best of what I see rather than alter it all afterwards however I do believe that it has its place for "special effects".
Had to eat my words a little here as I confess to some post-processing on occasions - nothing major though - the odd sharpen, crop and brighten/darken and sometimes a black and white conversion.
I love to travel and, in July 2012, completed my goal to visit all 50 US states - all done since 2003 - the first being Michigan, the last, Alaska.
In June/July 2013 I am meeting some blipbuds in the US .... Illinois, Michigan, New York state, New Jersey and Washington DC .... I am soooooo looking forward to it!
My part-time job sometimes takes me to Europe - so I will be looking at the oft-visited places with new eyes to try and catch something interesting for blip!
Hobbies include driving, riding my motorcycle, music (almost anything except opera, classical and rap), spending time with my dog, Shadow Dancer (a photo subject if all else fails), reading, watching TV crime shows, cooking and, of course, taking photographs.
Am loving blip and all the blip-buddies I have made around the world.
Thank you all for your input, dedication and, above all, your wonderful pictures that I never tire of seeing.
Nikon D5200 (2013)
18-105 Nikkor AF lens
70-300 Nikkor AF lens
80-400 Nikkor AF lens (6th April 2012)
50mm AF-S f/1.8G lens (16th May 2012)
Sony Cybershot DSC HX5
Nikon Coolpix 7600
Canon PowerShot A640
Canon Teleconverter lens 1.75
Kodak EasyShare CX7430
Giottos CF Tripod
With all this kit you would expect something outstanding on the photo front but I think that all it proves is that I am a gadget freak and struggle to pack my carry-on when travelling abroad!