- 21 May ~ 21 May posted an entry for
- BrackenOE's entry for 20 May ~ 20 May favourited
- LuvU2 subscribed to 's journal ~ 20 May
- 20 May ~ 20 May posted an entry for
- IsaResonance's entry for 18 May ~ 19 May favourited
- auslaender's entry for 19 May ~ 19 May favourited
- 19 May ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- 18 May ~ 18 May posted an entry for
- 17 May ~ 17 May posted an entry for
- FarmerGirl's entry for 17 May ~ 17 May favourited
About Elwetritsches Welt
I live in the Kaiserslautern area of Rhineland-Palatinate in Germany at the edge of the "Landstuhler Bruch", a marshy ground that is about 7 km wide and 30 km long.
Around 1800 this part of my home was an almost inaccessable fen. At the end of the 18th century peat was cut here.
Today it is a conservation area for birds and plants. It is perfect for walks and bicycle rides for lazy people like me - almost no hills.
On the other side of the town there are the "fields".
I spend my spare time either down in the "Bruch" mostly cycling or up in the "fields" walking. The two landscapes differ a lot.
I work in Kaiserslautern (about 100 000 citizens), home of the soccer club "1. FC Kaiserslautern". In the 2006 FIFA World Cup several games took place in Kaiserslautern in the former "Betzenberg-Stadion", now "Fritz-Walter-Stadion".
Soccer is a big thing in Kaiserslautern (or K-Town, as the Americans around here call it).
If you're interested:
An Elwetritsche is a mythical creature that only lives in the Palatinate (Pfalz) of Germany, where I'm from.
More info about Elwetritsche on Wikipedia (English)