- 19 May ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- Wanderers13 subscribed to 's journal ~ 19 May
- 29 September 2011 ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- 19 August 2011 ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- 10 September 2011 ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- canalcairnbaan's entry for 18 May ~ 18 May favourited
- 18 May ~ 18 May posted an entry for
- 17 May ~ 17 May posted an entry for
- Lozzy subscribed to 's journal ~ 17 May
- ppatrick favourited 's entry for 16 May ~ 16 May
About Growing old disgracefully
My blip name 'GOD' is short for my journal title, Growing Old Disgracefully. I don't mean to be disrespectful - it happened by accident and folks seemed to like it so I left it.
I am a sixty-two year old Granny, semi - retired and dabbling in a lot of things, including writing and voluntary work. I run a social enterprise, Everyday Mindfulness Scotland, offering training in mindfulness. I live with my professor, who is quite simply the most wonderfully witty, kind and loving man you could meet - lucky me. Two days a week we are joined by the VIP, a Very Important Person, who fills our lives with joy and keeps us on our toes and in our place.
I started blipping to deepen my mindfulness practice. For me, it is all about noticing, particularly noticing what others may miss. Although I want to improve my photography, I am less interested in the perfect image and more keen to increase my awareness.
I benefit enormously from following others' journals, but I limit my subscriptions to a few journals that in some way speak to me especially. When time permits, I browse and comment on whatever chimes with me. Please don't be offended if I don't return - it is only a time issue.
Technical: I have a NIKON D3100. When I am laden with other stuff or having fun with my grandson, I tend to use my aye-phone.
I like getting in close and recording the detail, especially of pebbles, flowers, mosses and lichen.
Recently ventured in flickrflickr