- GlenP subscribed to 's journal ~ 9 May
- NeedSomeSpace favourited 's entry for 29 September ~ 5 May
- Naturelover favourited 's entry for 2 May ~ 4 May
- TrikinDave favourited 's entry for 2 May ~ 4 May
- SheenaghMclaren favourited 's entry for 2 May ~ 4 May
- backwoodsman favourited 's entry for 2 May ~ 4 May
- 2 May ~ 4 May posted an entry for
- KenPetch favourited 's entry for 26 April ~ 1 May
- RichardDonkin favourited 's entry for 26 April ~ 30 April
- SheenaghMclaren's entry for 29 April ~ 29 April favourited
What to write? A difficult one.
The natural world; constantly amazed at its beauty.
Semi-retired; working 3 days a week; time on my hands.
In a rush; Parkinson's; clock ticking.
I'm lucky. Still young (LOL) at 60. Two wonderful 'children'. Fantastic friends. A great camera - and my eyes.
Well it isn't good news I'm afraid. There is never a good time for bad news but mine always seems to come at Christmas! (Law of the sod again)
The consultant is pretty certain that, rather than idiopathic Parkinsons, I have MSA multiple system atrophy. His reasons for this diagnosis are:
1 Lack/poor response to medication (including the apomorphine trial on Monday this week)
2 Continued speech problems
3 Fast and consistent rate of decline
I think I have always known that something wasn't right - it was all going too fast and the medicine never really did anything. Anyway now we know. Operation useless. Prognosis continued decline. Now have to start planning proper care.
Anyway. I'm going to battle on and will continue with my photography until I am no longer capable (this has always been my plan but I may have less time now). I would like to produce a book of my photos to raise money for MSA and have begun to research this. That will give me a purpose and a finite target.
I will try to keep my blip comments free from moans and gripes about my condition but as I will be tracking my 'progress' separately there will be less time for comments and replies in blipfoto. I hope you will understand. I also hope you know how much I have valued your support over the almost twelve months that I have been blipping. First target nearly achieved!
OK drama over - time to begin.
Now where is that preview button