- davesfotos's entry for 25 February ~ 25 February favourited
- Giacomo's entry for 20 February ~ 22 February favourited
- Miranda1008's entry for 22 February ~ 22 February favourited
- jennyg's entry for 7 February ~ 7 February favourited
- 7 February ~ 7 February posted an entry for
- KarenBourg's entry for 19 January ~ 20 January favourited
- Sydney favourited 's entry for 17 January ~ 18 January
- KarenBourg favourited 's entry for 17 January ~ 17 January
- 17 January ~ 17 January posted an entry for
- KarenBourg favourited 's entry for 11 January ~ 12 January
About Maggie @ Abingdon
I'm Maggie. I teach adult literacy and numeracy in an FE College in Oxfordshire, mostly to 16-19 year olds. I'm also a freelance writer of educational resources.
In my spare time, I run a well-known free resource site for adult basic skills students and their tutors.
I've been interested in web design and computer graphics for about 15 years. However, apart from a brief craze on taking close-ups of flowers, I have never really been 'into' photography until I joined blipfoto.
I was introduced to this great, supportive community by fellow numeracy teacher, Judith. Having admired her photos for quite some time, I decided, on a New Year's whim, to try it myself. Within three days of starting I also realised it was a great excuse to show off occasional blips of my gorgeous new first grandchild. When I started I had no idea how fascinating it would be to look at other people's blips, and how warming and rewarding it is to receive comments and feedback.
There are no fixed topics or themes for my blips. I simply enjoy the way blipping gets me out of the house each day, takes my mind of teaching and all things educational, and makes me look at my local surroundings in a new light. For my first few months on blip I used a simple Sony camera, bought a couple of years ago for taking eBay pics and family snaps.
In April I upgraded to a Panasonic DMC-G3 and have gradually started to play around a bit with the settings on my 'wheel of options'. Most of the time it's a game of roulette and I have no idea what I am doing!
There's no long term aim to blip for an exact number of days or months; I simply intend to keep on for as long as I enjoy it.