- 25 May ~ 25 May posted an entry for
- Daring2Go's journal ~ 25 May subscribed to
- 24 May ~ 24 May posted an entry for
- 23 May ~ 23 May posted an entry for
- PaulaJ's entry for 22 May ~ 22 May favourited
- 22 May ~ 22 May posted an entry for
- Zimmt54's entry for 22 May ~ 22 May favourited
- LadyMarchmont's entry for 20 May ~ 22 May favourited
- 21 May ~ 21 May posted an entry for
- Tussocktales's entry for 20 May ~ 21 May favourited
About All Around My Life
Born in Ireland to a Scottish mother and a father of English/Scots parentage, I was raised in Ireland and Scotland; moved to New Zealand with my husband when I was 25 and then to Bahrain ten years later. We remained there, bringing up our two daughters now aged 22 and 14, though our other home is in Nelson, New Zealand. Nine years ago we acquired a Beagle, Gypsy.
I've enjoyed taking photos since I received my first camera when I was about seven - mainly as a record, but sometimes because I see images that I find interesting, beautiful or unusual. I've always footled around with descriptive writing - have earned my living writing (not so creative) press releases and articles from time to time. Now (March 2013), having been blipping for 18 months, I've enrolled in an evening course on Digital Photography for Beginners.
After 16 years of living in the Middle East and travelling around, in January 2012 I came back to Nelson with our younger daughter so she could start high school here as the political situation in Bahrain was unstable and we were concerned about the effect on her schooling. This has resulted in ours becoming an 'archipelago' family with Daughter No. 1 at Uni in London; my husband (and Gypsy!) in Bahrain and us in Nelson during term-time and back in Bahrain for the holidays. So it's a rather 'Here and There' journal at present, hence my blip name!