- outdoorguy's entry for 18 June ~ 19 June favourited
- Tussocktales's entry for 19 June ~ 19 June favourited
- FrankFrank subscribed to 's journal ~ 19 June
- 19 June ~ 19 June posted an entry for
- jenni favourited 's entry for 14 June ~ 18 June
- SelfPortraits subscribed to 's journal ~ 18 June
- 18 June ~ 18 June posted an entry for
- RichieBoo favourited 's entry for 14 June ~ 17 June
- 17 June ~ 17 June posted an entry for
- 16 June hit the Spotlight page ~ 16 June 's entry for
When I began this journal over two years ago my first dslr was brand new and I knew absolutely nothing about how to use it or what constituted a reasonable photo. In the intervening two years I have learnt a heck of a lot - although I don't always remember to put it into practice.
The main thing though is that I keep persevering. I've upgraded my equipment and am quite addicted to blipfoto - it has been a godsend as it has been the reason I get my camera out every day and is the reason I am beginning to see things around me in a different way.
So often now I stop my car so that I can take a photo of something I have just 'seen'. And I have driven thousands of miles over the past 2 years, all in search of blips. Perhaps I should blame blip for my contribution to the world pollution problem.
Anyway, aside from the photography thing, I'm a New Zealander, a Mum and Grandmother, and work full-time in education.
THE BELOW WAS MY FIRST 'BIO' when I began blipping:
I seem to be surrounded by photographers - my workmates, friends, and family all take photos that I envy.
Back in 2007 my brother began blipping. I'm no photographer, but I enjoyed following his journal. As a result of my bragging about it, a few of my friends have since signed on as blippers.
I have finally bought a "real" camera to experiment with and have been encouraged to "join the gang" myself. I'm a total beginner and haven't even worked out yet what all the buttons are for, but it should be a fun journey.