- 22 May ~ 22 May posted an entry for
- janep70 favourited 's entry for 20 May ~ 21 May
- meles favourited 's entry for 20 May ~ 21 May
- 21 May ~ 21 May posted an entry for
- ionnature favourited 's entry for 15 May ~ 21 May
- ionnature favourited 's entry for 16 May ~ 21 May
- dinofone favourited 's entry for 20 May ~ 20 May
- Harebell favourited 's entry for 20 May ~ 20 May
- chaiselongue favourited 's entry for 20 May ~ 20 May
- 20 May hit the Spotlight page ~ 20 May 's entry for
I live in rural Canterbury, New Zealand, not far from the Southern Alps. I moved here 16 years ago after spending all my adult life in cities, mostly in Christchurch. Until a year or so ago much of my time was spent in my garden, but I'm finding it difficult to keep up now.
My interest in photography dates back to when I was a child. As a teenager I worked in a photo processing lab in an age when it was all done by hand, eye and intuition. No expert with a sophisticated camera I prefer to do the best I can with a point and shoot, though it's never set to auto.
I don't pick the flowers
Wild life is photographed in its natural setting, where I find it.
My water droplet shots are taken outdoors where I find them, except my 365th blip, which was a bit contrived.
My macros are often taken with a 10x magnifying filter wedged onto the fixed lens of my camera.
My landscapes are almost always taken from the road because trespassers are not welcome here.