- 29 September ~ 30 September posted an entry for
- 28 September ~ 28 September posted an entry for
- 27 September ~ 27 September posted an entry for
- 26 September ~ 27 September posted an entry for
- 25 September ~ 27 September posted an entry for
- 24 September ~ 27 September posted an entry for
- 23 September ~ 23 September posted an entry for
- 22 September ~ 23 September posted an entry for
- 21 September ~ 22 September posted an entry for
- 20 September ~ 20 September posted an entry for
29th November 2011
33 34 35 36 37 38 years old, and I live in Edinburgh with my lovely wife (and fellow blipper)MrsCyclops. We were joined on 20th May 2014 by our son BabyCyclops
Our beloved cat Misty passed away in December 2012 but also features heavily in my blip.
My professional life is in the technology industry. I have a degree in Computer Science and Electronic engineering and I am unashamedly fascinated by all things geeky. These days most of what I do is in the area of commercialising new technology. In 2009 I took a year out to go to business school and spend some time in global and high-growth companies, courtesy of a Saltire Fellowship. Now I run my own company, Salient Point, helping start-ups companies bring new technology to market.
I have always had a passing interest in photography (one of my jobs was designing digital cameras!), but I took up SCUBA diving in 2005 and started developing a real interest in underwater photography. I originally started blipping to develop my skills for underwater photography (especially composition) but using the camera every day has really got me excited about photography of all kinds as a hobby! Being a geek, I find the technology side relatively easy - for me the challenge is developing my creative skills.
My current setup for underwater photography is a Canon S120 with Ikelite housing, a wide angle lens and a strobe.
Above water I have recently forsaken a series of Olympus bridge and SLR cameras for a Canon 60D. For lenses I have a Sigma 17-70 (f/2.8-4), a Tamron 70-300 (f/4-5.6), a Tamron 10-24 (f/4-5.6), a Sigma 35mm (f/1.4) and a Canon 50mm f/1.8. I also have a 580 EX II flash and a pile of other generic flashes and wee gadgety things (I did warn you I'm a geek right?) that are seldom used but prove indispensible when they do come out of the bag!
I get a huge amount of pleasure out of blipping, and I think it has helped my photography a lot! I hope you'll enjoy some of my pictures too.
- 1st: Christmas Tree
- 100th: Beach
- 200th: Toast
- 300th: Glittering
- 365th: Caught in the Act
- 400th: 400 Blips
- 500th: May I present... 500 Blips!
- 730th: 2 Years of Blipping - 730 Blips
- 1000th: Foiled!
- 1095th: 3 Years - 1095 Blips - No gaps!
- 1460th: CTWO II - Four Years No Gaps
- 1500th: 1500 Blips - No gaps!
- 1825th: 5 Blipping Years
- 2190th: Six Years, OK?