Wednesday 23 March 2011: The cat that got the...
390/365: ... string.
Never think that you can just sit for a moment to enjoy the sunshine, leaving a ball of twine on the table in front of you with a 10 month old cat nearby. Within seconds said ball will no longer be a ball and the cat will be a tangle. And the relaxing morning will disappear in a flurry of claws and chaos.
But it will provide you with blip fodder, so just rela-a-a-a-a-a-a-x...
Actually, today has been a bit of a 'one of those days' in lots of ways.
1. Got caught in a traffic jam (caused by a nasty road accident - scary stuff)
2. Which made me late to meet a friend for coffee and a chat (and almost bumped into my ex-boss in the process - eeep!)
3. Had barely any change for the parking meter, scrabbled together some coins to tide me over... had to buy a drink from the Student Union shop to get some change (pain in the backside!)
4. Left friend, went back to the car to put more money in the meter and realised I'd forgotten my keys (aargh!)
5. Went back to coffee shop to get keys, returned to the meter and paid up another arm an' a leg *sigh*
6. Finished chatting, returned to car to discover I'd got a ticket because the parking ticket I'd put in had curled in the sun and flipped itself over *snarl*
7. Have just had an afternoon of 'bang, waah, you're hurting me, it's not fair, he did it, no she did it, bang, crash, squeal, waaaaaaah!!!!!' from the kids since they've got home
8. And Nick's just rung to say his interview for a sculpture prize he was shortlisted for didn't go very well.
But other than that, it's been a nice day. :o)
Oh, and I also planted some strawberry plants and got a blueberry bush... and an uneasy peace has just broken out between the kids.
PS Maddy has just made me a word search
PPS I have a feeling it's not even in English
PPPS And the words she's written underneath aren't even there...