Saturday 2 April 2011: Velvet underpass
1. Walking to the west end from Govan under the river. This is the view as we start to climb up again towards the light at the end of the Clyde tunnel.
2. We pop up on the other side and head to Velvet Elvis for lunch and a read at the papers followed by a stroll up Byres Road to Waitrose via Fopp where I buy the new King Creosote album.
3. Home and Colin nips round the velodrome, I listen to my new purchase. It's KC at his absolute best; soaring, gentle, wistful and melodic. I love it.
4. An evening of making gets underwway. We start with a Stroganov then move on to tomorrows mothers day lunch. There's goats cheese, carmleised onion and oregano parcels, filo cases with tomato and basil, coleslaw and a victoria sponge.
5. I take a break from food to make a card for mum. The end result makes me laugh out loud.