Monday 25 April 2011: Prince Alfred Pass
This is one of many spectacular views from the Prince Alfred Pass. The pass crosses the Paardekraal Mountains, which in turn form part of the Tsitsikama Mountain Range.
"The spectacular Prince Alfred's Pass winds from Avontuur near Uniondale in the Klein Karoo to the coast. The coastal destinations can be either Knysna or Plettenberg Bay.
The total distance is 88km, gravel road all the way!
* There is no mobile reception on the pass
* There are no banks or petrol stations so fill up your tank and your wallet before you pass through
As for staying safe, the traveler is reminded to:
* Always drive at a safe speed, remember it is a gravel pass so travel slow
* Descending traffic stops for upcoming traffic!
* Look out for dust from approaching traffic
* Hoot on sharp bends
* No caravans or quad bikes allowed on the pass
* Look out for elephants!
It is the only pass in South Africa where people live alongside the road and trade in the pass. "
~~ A very special person has decided to join Blip, and I would like to extend a warm welcome to the new blipper! **** Happy blipping hours to you!~~