Sunday 8 May 2011: Breaking waves
The sea holds all the answers,
It understands the moon,
It smooths and cools the pebble,
It feeds the gentle dune.
The salty sea is healing,
Too wise and deep to chart,
The sea will tide us over
As we mend a broken heart,
For, with lyric and with music,
The sea is Living Art.
poem © Celia Warren 2011
I took loads of shots in order to catch a wave at its peak, just as it crashes on to the shore, in this case, Blackpool Sands, South Devon. After days and nights of heavy rain, the warmth and sunshine were back today; it's been glorious.
Also snapped lots of flowers, bees and a Small Blue butterfly, with its folded wings making it appear white and spotted. Chose this seascape as I'd put most effort into achieving the result I was after.
Thanks to all who tried my Spot the Difference puzzle yesterday. Well done those who persevered. Here are the answers, from left to right:
1. 2 daffodils become 3
2. yellow & purple ball replaced by orange & blue
3. robin rotates and looks up
4. yellow Lego block disappears from the poetry book
5. the penny disappears from the cake case
6. tiny jug appears between the bee and Superted
7. screwdriver grows and handle changes from yellow to red
8. red Lego block appears below the right-hand book
9. specs on the right-hand book are opened
10. razor is rotated
11. Swan Vesta matchbox is opened
12. stripy pencil replaced by yellow pencil