Sunday 8 May 2011: Give It Meaning
A very dull design for my new manifesto.
1. Life would appear to have no meaning.
2. If life does have a meaning, it is unobvious to us at this point in time.
3. Therefore, it is up to us to find our own personal meaning in life
4. We are free, isolated islands, held back only by our internal choices
5. We have been born with no pre-determined characteristics or intended life goals
6. We must not be daunted by the idea of being solely responsible for the direction of our life.
7. We must see the freedom and exhilaration in knowing that we can set out to do whatever we want.
8. Denial that we are all original, free of pre-determined traits, is to deny yourself of a chance to be free and individual.
9. To be content having no meaning, is to be content being a useless entity
10. Without an aim, we will just float on by. With an aim, we will be grounded in society
(The views expressed aren't my opinion, but that of existentialism, which I have to promote as my 'client' for the next month)
I think I have decided the library is going to be my home for the rest of this term. I spent until 5pm failing to do any work and getting rather frustrated at being unable to concentrate. At this point Camilla and I headed up to the library, and since then the rest of the day has been highly successful.