Thursday 26 May 2011: Big red car
1. Back in work after a couple of odd days - my head totally elsewhere. It's been good to think of other things and my lists seem far less terrifying than they did a day or so ago. Frankie has worked her magic.
2. Our holiday car arrives. It's a big red jumbo thing, ready to be packed up for our trip tomorrow.
3. Various stops and starts and a trip to buy in food leads to this buffet pouffee. I love a living room picnic for dinner.
4. BBC four comes up trumps yet again with a Carpenters documentary. We compare notes - this was the sound track to Colin's childhood, sitting on the stairs listening to his parents entertaining below. I, on the other hand, didn't know the Carpenters existed til I went to University. They were never knowingly played in my hearing for the first 18 years of my life. My mum phoned in the middle of all this last night. She didn't apologise - she stands by their parental musical choices. Same goes for Abba and Rod Stewart.
5. Ok so I've done it, I've finally watched Enter the Dragon. I feel slightly bullied into it by that invisible film buffery that looms large but now it's done and it can be removed from the 'why haven't I ever seen that?' list. It's really bad though, no one ever mentions that do they? Now it can be moved to the 'why does no one tell you that it's really really bad' list along with Lord of the Rings and Jazz.