Thursday 16 June 2011: Good morning, Poppy!
475/365: I am so jealous of people who have beautiful fields of poppies to take photos of. Me? Well... a) I don't know where any are to take a photo of... and b) the few scraggly ones I did find, I saw them at about 7am when I was on my way to work and didn't have time to do them justice.
In my head this is a photo of a gorgeous carpet of red, picked out by the dawn light and a pastel blue sky beyond.
Not really scrappy poppies on a bit of scrubland near Hucknall. Taken by a thirtysomething woman trying not to lose her balance as she wobbled about on a lump of concrete.
Not that. No siree. :o)
For once, it's been pretty nice weather. Shame I was stuck indoors all day but at least I'm working from home tomorrow which means I stand a chance of being a human being and not a commuting robot. I get bored writing about my day at work, so instead I'll share with you things I've noticed during my drive today:
1. Drivers of big cars get aggro with drivers of small cars at traffic lights and will attempt a variety of dangerous moves to get past them. Even without knowing how they drive. Weirdos.
2. Some people drive cars the colour of mucus. Why????
3. Yes, really... mucus-coloured. *shudder*
4. Indicators seem to be optional today
5. As do lanes - if, on the off-chance you are reading this Mr Crazy 'I can drive down the middle of two lanes' Man... say 'hi' to your passenger from me. They looked kinda nervous and I worry for them.
That is it. Home life is trundling along. Feeling kinda disconnected as I'm out of the house before anyone's awake and when I said I'd take the kids to school tomorrow... Felix wanted Nick to pick them up from school. *sigh*
Probably because Nick lets them play there for up to an hour or so after school finishes whereas the call of a cuppa cha always gets me to get them home promptly!
PS A gal needs priorities
PPS Right? :o)