Sunday 6 May 2012: Bluebell woods
800/365: ... taken this morning on a walk through the beautifully named "Bunny Woods" ('will there be lots of bunnies there?' asks Felix) with the monkeys this morning.
Oh, and although it's not a proper blipday, it turns out this is my 800th blip. Crikey! This last few hundred have been a right old struggle. I'm either repeating myself or boring myself with my shots... and finding any time to comment on anyone else's blips has been a rare thing indeed. But, the desire not to lose the memories is still stronger than the desire to leave it - so, on with the next few blips!
Things I've learned about blipping along the way:
1. The more you comment the more people comment back
2. This means you're more likely to be in the Spotlight
3. It doesn't particularly mean your pictures are any good
4. And it doesn't particularly mean your pictures are that bad
5. Which is why none of that stuff matters
6. If you aren't blipping for yourself, then eventually you'll get fed up and go
7. And for the people who ask, no, it isn't hard to take a photo every day
8. Enjoy it
9. Don't enjoy it
10. But remember... without blipping you'll have a great big hole in your memory
So, here's to 801 and beyond!
(and a special squishy hug to all those who comment without my being able to comment back - you're like my little blippy family!)
This afternoon, we're off out to a little person's birthday party. Apparently it features a water-fight. Our two have declared they're not taking part. Because they don't want to be wet. Or cold. And yet this morning in the woods, getting absolutely filthy in the gloopily thick mud wasn't a problem.
Oh yes, and as I went out with the kids this morning I discovered that we'd managed to leave a bag of groceries and a big thing of washing powder on the front step. Yesterday. Whoops! At least it was still there!!!
PS And now Maddy's pretending to be a bird
PPS And refusing to brush her hair