Monday 30 April 2012: Dress rehearsal
1. It's heartsinkingly close to the start of the event and there is so much still left to do. it's pretty amazing what you can get done against the clock. I'm still ruining at least people's lives while I nag and nag about the site. Sorry.
2. There are dress rehearsal happening most of the afternoon and into the evening. The technical team assembled is second to none and we quickly work out the systems that will make this all happen.
3. I test out the balloons to send off with the roving teams. they look cheery and festive. not how I feel at all really.
4. Anxiety is free flowing and rife. It sits on my shoulder and in my tummy and in my furrowed brow. It's comforting in it's regularity.
5. I get home late and pick up a box of nice salad from marks and sit in my new living room listening to something or other on the radio and prepare for tomorrow.