Sunday 13 May 2012: End of a Project...
We finally finished the two week homework project. I quite honestly and incorporatively say 'We' because the brief didn't actually say that there should be parental involvement but the work involved wasn't really a '5 year old, aff ye go' type difficulty. The homework stated that they were to build a 3D model of a castle to include battlements, a moat, drawbridge and portcullis.
I helped out with the overall construction method but most of the design features are Bethany's own. I did have to add in the technical portcullis and moat workings (they both raise and lower properly) and did the cutting but the design of the battlements, shape of the moat and the prince and princess. Oh I got to do Nogard the Dragon up there in the turret.
It's been a lot of fun and certainly less stressful that we realized what needed done from the start so we were able to do it across several nights over the last two weeks. I'm certainly more sensible about Bethany's homework than I was with my own when I was at school.