Sunday 13 May 2012: DIY Not
Spent most of today out in the garden turning five tall fence posts into five small fence posts. When we moved into the house there was a disintegrating fence in the front garden. We removed the panels but left the posts in place to mark the boundary. Today I took them out one by one and replaced them with a smaller versions, made by chopping the old posts down to size and giving them several coats of timber care. I'm now covered in green timber care and sun-burn.
Percy the peacock wasn't much use. He spent all afternoon in the front garden with me in full display mode. Pierre was in the back garden - not helping my other half. Every time I asked him to pass a tool or dig a hole or saw a fence post he just ignored me. When I had to go past him he didn't even stop displaying I had to actually move his feathers out of the way to get past him!
The front garden is in the shadow of the house until late afternoon so he was in shadow when I took this picture and other than a bit of cropping and colour balancing it is as it comes. Another CHDK job, I've not used many of the other features yet but this image was taken from the RAW image not the cameras JPEG.