Tuesday 15 May 2012: Spa days and Arabian nights
1. Up early, spa prep in hand and over to Caroline's place for 9.15 where I meet the lassies. We're going to the Carrick Spa, which is part of Cameron House on the banks of Loch Lomond. No reason, just because.
2. It's a gorgeous place, really five star. We start with coffee and a flick through some mags then lunch - the best lunch I have had in ages - try the Californian bento box. Ace.
3. The afternoon is swimming, hot tub, steam room, sauna, hydro pool, rooftop outdoor jacuzzi, swim, apple home.
4. Back in Glasgow, a walk through the park and a bus ride takes me across the city. I'm a little early and kill some time in Fopp. The music playing in the shop reminds me of Colin. Turns out it's Emir Kustrica and the soundtrack from Underground. The film still sitting in it's wrapper at home.
5. To Oran Mor where I meet Karen. We're here for Arabian Nights - dinner, music and poetry with a middle eastern twist. Back upstairs we ditch the theme and batter into the bar. One brandy is fun. Two is just silly.