Monday 4 June 2012: Jubilee pond project
Went out to look for cobbles and a suitable pot for our little water feature. Husband tried to sort out the electricity supply to the new junction box and switch for the water feature pump.
Weather improved in the afternoon so we went out in the garden again and sieved yet more soil to fill in round the pond. We placed the reservoir for the water feature in the soil and filled back round it. After experimenting with the flow to the pump, we ended up with a nice gentle bubble effect. The up fountain will be replaced with an overflowing pot as soon as we can work out how to seal the base the pot and still manage to get the tubes from the pump inside it. Husband experimented with an old vacuum cleaner tube and som araldite and we're keeping our finger crossed that it will be water tight. Son number one came out and helped with more soil shifting - much harder now the soil is so wet.
Spent the late afternoon compiling a list of pond plants to buy tomorrow. We're going for native and wildlife-friendly.