Thursday 14 June 2012: London...what a crazy place!!
Going to Lindon is like visiting another world!
I set off at 6am with a rucksack, a bag full of giraffes and a rubber chicken... bound for London.
Now here is a quick summary of my observations today:-
1. Underground... This experience sent me straight back to school days when we used to elbow our way to the front of the tuck shop... May the best person win!!
2. Pubs... They were jam packed of people drinking alcohol at 2pm on a Thursday!! People wearing suits! Where I come from you only really see that on a Friday.
3. No-one talks to you! I spent a good amount of time on my own today and no one said a word!! They were all plugged into their phones, reading their kindles, working on a iPad or reading a book. The art of conversation is officially dead!
4. I found out that The Evening Telegraph is free.. That's quite cool.
5. It cost me 30p to go to the loo!!!!! 30p!!! I wouldn't mind paying that if the toilets were clean and well maintained but they were not the best! I've heard the phrase "spend a penny" but 30p is taking it a little too far.
6. Bins.... there were no bins anywhere at Euston station so I asked someone where the bins were. She replied... They don't have bins because of the bombs, and then walked off! What was that all about?
So, I left my half eaten pasty with on a table at Starbucks (ssshhhh don't tell anyone!), and grabbed the train to come home.
All in all, it was an interesting day :-).
Picture: 27 recruiters all in one room, listening to me talking about bananas!
Tomorrow I'm off to Wales, so I wonder what the Welsh will be like :-)
Night night all.