Tuesday 26 June 2012: Behind the scenes
1. The mess gets deeper and more drastic. I'm fighting on two flanks and winning neither. What's that line about keeping your head when all around you are losing theirs?
2. Down to Tramway early and after a tense meeting I can focus on other things - all the Young Advisors, two Champions Groups, Young Promoters, and even Alex Salmond.
3. Carrie takes me in backstage and plonks me on a seat. This is my view during the show. It's not a good photo, but if you've seen Macbeth it's kinda cool. The performance is no less impressive from here and at one point, Carrie takes me to a wee place where I get the best view of the disembowled bird in the house.
4. Tonight is our post-show discussion. Nothing to make your legs wobble like making an announcement to 600 folk. It's a glorious event. One of our very finest. As I leave I notice our Young Advisors have grabbed Mr Salmond and are happily snapping and chatting away. Ace.
5. I take the train home and miss one by minutes. It's a deserted platform and rain floods down. But it's a moment of quiet after day of noise.