Sunday 1 July 2012: It was old and it was beautiful...?
1. Not all old traditions are necessarily worth hanging on to. We get caught up in this fairly large and loud orange walk in the centre of town. Ominous, threatening, bizarre, out of place, thrilling, musical, organised and very, very present whether you like it or not.
2. Shopping for my brother's birthday pressie and it's nice to browse round sections in Fopp I normally avoid. It's a successful trip.
3. Stocked up with ace lunch supplies we are home and munching some fine sandwiches in time for the last 40 or so km of the first stage of the tour. It's good stuff (the food and the stage).
4. A big long evening walk with an ice cream at the end - one scoop of coconut another of iron bru.
5. Re watching The Thick of It. We must have seen it about 10 times and it's lost nothing.