Monday 9 July 2012: Anutter Squirrel
I've decided to try to get one whole year of squirrels...my favorite animal. 365 straight Blip days. This is #2 on the way to 365. A rodent extravaganza.
To do that...I'm going to have to change a few things.
1. I'll have to change my key word from outdoorguy to asquirrelyguy.
2. I'll have to change my heading name from michigan man to squirrel man.
3. Since I want a different squirrel every day...I'll have to catch and tag them as I shoot them. No repeats. (Shouldn't be that hard.)
4. Will probably have to seek out some winter quarters. I'll just reach in there, and drag 'em out by the scruff of the neck.
5. To save money on animal food...I'll cut out the dog biscuits for my dogs, and instead buy some nice unsalted peanuts.
6. To get a little shot variety...I'll get a few nice squirrely outfits. Maybe something in camo, or perhaps a little princess.
7. To get different facial expressions...I'm going to try putting peanut butter on the roof of their mouths. (It's always worked on my dogs.)
Why would I do this? Looking at my picture...how did Dexter get up on the suet feeder? Did he shimmy up the pole? Probably not. He flat out jumped from the ground onto the feeder, then balanced himself to reach in, and feed. I like how he is using the hook as a stabilizer. An amazing animal.
363 to go! Wish me luck in my spectacular stupendous squirrel adventure.