Thursday 5 July 2012: Exchange
1. Every couple of years we run a youth theatre festival called Exchange. About 100 young folk from all over Scotland, and from Brooklyn and Kildare too get together for a week and have the time of their flipping lives. I head over there today, stopping at North Star on the way for a tasty munch.
2. The atmosphere is very cool. I'm here to see some of the groups record their five minute theatres for next week. It makes my heart soar. This is the set up one of the performers as the audience prepare to take their tiny seats.
3. There is an odd moment when wee realise that the sun is out. We flock to the little patch of grass and catch some rays before dinner.
4. Big canteen dinner with all the participants before a stroll round two lakes with Kim and JNC.
5. Two brilliant shows from Gary and Molly which has the audience in the palm of their hands. Molly gets a standing ovation and I've never seen someone so surprised and delighted to get it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Exchange. It is a very, very good place to be.