Sunday 19 August 2012: Glasgow Mini Break
1. Last night around dinnertime we strolled out in the sun and walked from Govan to the west end. We cut through the science centre and the BBC, the sun shining over the river. Just on the other side we catch a helicopter taking off. We have dinner in Firebird, which is brilliant and holiday-like with all the windows open.
2. We stroll up to Byres Road for an ice cream in Nardinis before making our way to Dram for a nightcap.
3. This morning I have homemade pancakes with a bucket load of fruit and once Coldo returns from the VC trip to Troon we nip out to the cinema for several hours of fantasy violence Batman style. The cinema is rammed with exceptionally glam Asian folk dressed to the nines.
4. We walk through the Sunday night city centre and have our dinner in the brilliant Ingram Wynd. Really, really lovely.
5. A warm summer evening stroll in the Merchant City, Gandolfi is a bit too quiet so we end the night with Babbity Bowsers.