Saturday 25 August 2012: Under cover
1. All morning I stretch out in the cockpit with my book, coffee and toast and jam. It's hot and sunny and I feel a little like I'm on holiday. I'm slightly haunted by an odd dream I woke up with involving Cannon and Ball collaborating with Bon Iver. Needless to say it wasn't going well though I was surprised to note that I was on Cannon and Ball's side.
2. Then it starts raining. Really, really raining. The afternoon stretches on and when the time comes to go out, I thank my lucky stars for my dome brolly. I'm so far under cover and protected, it's comforting and cosy.
3. I don't go far, just far enough to get what I need for the evening in by myself. I'm not sure what that might be when I set off. Turns out it's curry, ginger beer and series one of Wilfred.
4. Curry for one is a little sad, but I quickly get over it feed my wee face til I can't move.
5. Even at the first point of pitching the idea of Wilfred, I would have laughed. There is something so brilliant about the very notion. Made motionless by madras, I watch the full first series. An excellent Saturday night in.