Sunday 8 November 2009: Tollcross Mansionhouse
Tollcross Mansionhouse was built in 1848 by David Bryce for the Dunlop family.
Glasgow Corporation purchased the house and surrounding land in 1896. The condition of the property deteriorated to the point where it was threatened with demolition. It was then saved by a £2 million restoration package put together by various groups. At one stage it functioned as a Museum
The building was restored by the National Trust for Scotland.
It is now a care home for the elderly, providing accommodation and care for twenty-two persons in single rooms, while allowing them to retain their independence.