Thursday 4 February 2010: Bridge
Today, I had the opportunity to photograph a bridge. We were downtown for a meeting and I took a few minutes to get a shot. I actually had several bridges to choose from as our city has around seven or so that connect to the downtown area. I have to admit, it was pretty exciting. It is an enormous bright red bridge with a very industrial feel. I took a lot of pictures of course but it wasn't until I saw the neighboring Bridge, that I realized I actually had a pretty unique view of photographing one bridge from another. And then because I am "abstract eyes", I had to go for the shot looking at the Bridge through the rugged red steel of the other Bridge. Each bridge in the downtown area has its own distinct look and if I can continue to follow my goal of "one bridge a week", I might just be able to highlight the many bridges that gives our city so much character. An overcast day was captured today but even with the low clouds, it is still a beautiful city.
1. My sister just called me on Skype two minutes ago for the first time. She likes to refer to it as "Spy Cam".....as she tried to call me today and wound up looking at a complete stranger. I said, "What did you do?" and she said, "Well I just started screaming and pressing buttons, I clicked the guy off of my screen but he could still see me". Then she said, "Ah well, he looked like a nice enough person, but it still freaked me out!!". Oh my lovely little sister, she really does make me laugh!
2. This just in concerning our dear friend and the recovery process from her double lung transplant: "THEY JUST LEFT THE HOSPITAL PARKING LOT!!!!! The doctor said that she has done better than 75% of his lung transplant patients. They thought she would be in the hospital for at least two weeks, but she is out in just 8 days! ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS SURE HELPED AND WE WANT TO SAY THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH."
3. And, I heard the best news ever from one of my trees tonight.....PREGNANT!
4. And, my friend gets induced on the 15th, hip hip horray for that great news.
5. Annnnd, Occhi Verdi got into Med School! Yehawww my texas friend!
6. And now I get to settle in for "Grey's Anatomy" tonight.
Again and again and again and again, thank you God for so many blessings today!