Sunday 2 May 2010: RESTORATION, RESTORATION!
This dolls' house was bought for me, second hand, by my family, a few years ago. It's restoration has been thwarted at every tip and turn. I first of all attempted to find new windows for it (the existing ones were metal and rather worse for wear). I eventually found some on the internet which were modelled on a house that looked exactly like mine. I sent off for them only to find that they were too small. However, I was saved (or rather the windows were) by a family friend who removed the old windows and doors, took them away, rubbed them down, spray painted them and then, after a year (the length of time involved was because the poor chap experienced horrendous family problems and strangely enough my dolls' house windows were put on a back burner), came to fit them back into the house. As a result I was able to begin my side of the restoration process which, today, involved putting a new layer of white paint on the exterior of the house.
Today's entry shows the dolls' house before I had commenced my work on it. The painting of all the nooks and crannies was very painstaking and so I think it may be a while before I move on to tarting up the black bits!