Monday 4 October 2010: New Blipfoto iPhone app
It's amazing to think the first Blipfoto iPhone app was only launched last year. It quickly established itself as the weapon of choice for those who like to upload, browse and comment on the move, and continues to draw a huge number of new contributors to the community.
You may already know we've been working hard on a completely new version of the app. As with all things Blip, we've listened carefully to your feedback and suggestions, and incorporated everything we possibly could to make it even better than before.
We're delighted to let you know the waiting's over, and it's now available for download. It's still completely free and, in addition to a hugely improved interface, includes the following enhancements:
- browse up to 10 pages of thumbnails (rather than 3)
- rotate the handset to view entries in landscape
- tap an image to see it full screen
- subscribe and unsubscribe to other journals
- favourite entries & view your favourites (if you're a full member)
- bookmark journals to revisit them quickly
- save entry details for later publishing
- resize images for faster uploading
- upload from your iPad or iPod Touch
If you already have the app installed, just tap on the App Store icon then 'Updates' to get the new version. If you don't, click here for more information.
And finally, a quick reminder for the many non-iPhoners that there's a dedicated Blipfoto Android app and a really simple upload-by-email facility available. Visit the Extras page for all the details.