Thursday 4 November 2010: On the buses
251/365: If today would have been any more grey, it would have been the inside of an Elephant's head. So, I'm left with this shot or... ermmm... this shot. Of a woman, waiting for the bus, engrossed in her phone conversation whilst all around was dark and bleurgh.
Which reminds me of a few bus weirdnesses from today:
1. Why do people blare out tinny music from their phones whilst sat on the bus like it's some kind of dwarfish stereo system? Why don't they see that it's anti-social?
2. From the top deck of the bus I passed a bus shelter with a small tub of vaseline and a lighter on the roof. Eh?!?!? My mind is boggling...
3. The wetter the weather, the longer you'll have to wait for a bus.
4. If you've also forgotten an umbrella, there will probably be a few bus cancellations too.
5. If you're late for something as well as it raining and you forgetting an umbrella, it's really time for you to give up all hope.
Which is my way of saying, this is a dull picture... not massively related to my day... but... I hardly took any other shots, so it'll do!
In other news, the tooth fairy came again last night and I'm definitely getting better at it. Swirly hand-written note, little bit of fabric done up with a pipe-cleaner (couldn't find any string!) with some change in it... whip the old tooth plus note from under her pillow and replace. Simples. Oh, and Maddy's note this time said:
x dEAR x TooTH x FAiRY x I x hAvE x LOST x MI x TooTH x froM MADDY x
I LOVE FAiRY
And it had kisses, hearts and a picture of a little red car driving across the page as well as writing that wouldn't look out of place on a kidnapper's ransom note.
I particularly liked the fact that she a) felt compelled to draw a car on it and b) had to reinforce the fact that she loved fairies. Always worth buttering up the tooth fairy, huh? Felix also tried to leave the tooth fairy an envelope. But his had nothing in it. And the tooth fairy didn't take the car he'd left either - much to his disappointment. I swear that child will knock his own teeth out soon in an effort to get some small change from el Tooth Fairy.
Nowt else to report. Work = busy. Rain and dark = early. Weekend = in sight.
PS If Maddy is reading this, there is a tooth fairy - I'm just pretending it's me for entertainment value
PPS Maddy don't read this bit... cuz I now have a sock drawer with three teeth in envelopes in it and I still haven't worked out what to do with them!!