Wednesday 5 January 2011: It's a Rocky Road...
313/365: Wanna cake? Felix has eaten the icing off and it's going begging. Only a little bit of 4 year old drool on it. And finger marks. And it's been poked a bit.
But otherwise. If you want it... just say.
This, of course, is the pre-mauled version. The one Felix said he really REALLY wanted to eat. Before he'd taken a bite. *sigh*
Another day at home today. Still feeling rubbish. Managed hardly any sleep last night despite feeling exhausted. This sure is some weird bug I've managed to pick up. The kids were slightly less 'creative' today. Felix made a rocket out of some old packing with Nick. Maddy's been trying to find places to sleep most of the day in between playing Angry Birds on my iPod which I stupidly installed... she found... and within seconds knew how to play better than me.
That's on my list of 10 ways that children make you feel old:
1. Being able to pick up stuff far quicker than you
2. Playing the memory game and beating you hands down
3. Holding up a VHS video and going 'does it play music??'
4. Discovering a vinyl record and asking 'what's *this*????'
5. Achieving feats of ridiculous flexibility which make you instantly feel arthritic
6. Pointing out your grey hairs
7. ... and fat bits...
8. Then running off up a hill quicker than you can manage
9. Not understanding that the radio isn't like an iPod and can't just play music on demand
10. Making you say stuff your parents said to you (which made *you* roll your eyes)
The list could go on and on... but to write more would make me weep. :o)
Right. That's me done for the day. Have just about zero energy and I need to go collapse in a corner (no doubt whilst my kids run circles around me!)
PS Yes, this is colours popped
PPS Yes, I do feel just a weeny bit dirty for doing it
PPPS I'll go sit in the naughty Photoshopper corner in a minute...