- 25 May ~ 25 May posted an entry for
- superhero's entry for 24 May ~ 24 May favourited
- 24 May ~ 24 May posted an entry for
- 23 May ~ 23 May posted an entry for
- 22 May ~ 22 May posted an entry for
- 21 May ~ 21 May posted an entry for
- TeeJay's entry for 20 May ~ 20 May favourited
- 20 May hit the Spotlight page ~ 20 May 's entry for
- Squid subscribed to 's journal ~ 20 May
- IronWill2013 subscribed to 's journal ~ 20 May
My intention on joining Blipfoto was to encourage me to use my camera a bit more. Well in the first year it has certainly achieved that.
With a daily photograph to upload it means taking your camera nearly everywhere. It can be quite addictive. It can also be frustrating as some days you may have about 10 images that are perfectly acceptable, but the next day you are struggling to get one that's anywhere near good enough.
I live in East Dunbartonshire, just to the north of Glasgow. I have been taking photographs for over 20 years and am a Licentiate of the Royal Photographic Society. I take all kinds of subjects but particularly like photographing Events where you tend to be able to take hundreds of pictures in the one day. I currently use a Nikon D200 backed up by a Canon G11.
Having spent many years using film I like the opportunities for post processing which digital has given us. I'm a bit impatient so I tend to look for quick fixes and plug-in filters to do the job for me (particularly with Blip where you don't have much time), but for special images I don't mind spending a few hours in Photoshop to get it just right.