- Travellersjoy favourited 's entry for 22 May ~ 22 May
- airedaleknitter favourited 's entry for 22 May ~ 22 May
- 22 May ~ 22 May posted an entry for
- bookygoatherd's entry for 21 May ~ 21 May favourited
- 21 May ~ 21 May posted an entry for
- 20 May ~ 20 May posted an entry for
- doffy favourited 's entry for 19 May ~ 19 May
- PaulaJ's entry for 18 May ~ 19 May favourited
- 19 May ~ 19 May posted an entry for
- 18 May ~ 18 May posted an entry for
About Sgwarnog: In the Field
Welcome to my Blipfoto patch.
Here I'll post combinations of text and image that capture something about my life, the places I inhabit and visit, and the things that I see.
I'm Welsh, but have spent all of my adult life in Northern England, first the NW, then the NE and for the past seven years or so in Yorkshire.
If Sgwarnog proves too much of a mouthful, feel free to call me Peter.
Blipping has taken me into some interesting directions, and unexpectedly led to gallery exhibition of blips in January and February 2012. There are some images from the exhibtion in my Blipfolio.
I write more than I photograph, so the accompanying text is as important to me. I'm a micro-poetry enthusiast, so you'll often find that form to complement the image, either a haiku, gogyohka or tanka or something similar.
As an academic geographer, I see blipping as a way of exploring place. Before Blipfoto kindly added a geotagging tool, I made a Google Map of my blips. Now that a similar feature is embeeded in Blipfoto, I'm slowly working my way through my journal tagging the places the images were taken.
For more concise observations, and more frequent poems, you'll find me on Twitter as @sgwarnog