Today I went on a fungus foray at Ifton Meadows Nature Reserve near Oswestry. It was led by John Hughes of Shropshire Wildlife Trust who is a wealth of knowledge on the subject.
There are plenty of fungi around at the moment so we had lots of different types for him to id. In the photo the group are looking at a patch of fly agaric mushrooms. They're slightly poisonous and hallucinogenic. A young man was the only one of us to take one home, I don't know if he intends to try it!
I cooked some orange boletus from the trip but it went very limp and slippery - perhaps I cooked it too long. Our leader gave a positive id otherwise I wouldn't have dared to eat it!