3 years ago today!
Three years ago today our lives changed forever. Three years ago today I was interviewed for a PhD with hazelh as the Director of Studies. Less than 15 minutes after my interview (when Chris and I had just got in the back of our taxi from Napier) hazelh called me to ask if I would like to join her research team.
Three years later, I am 6 months from completion and could not be happier with my progress. I have been awarded external funding, accepted to international conferences, taken academic trips abroad and made my PhD what it is today (with the help of my dear supervisors).
Two and a half weeks ago it looked like there was a chance we could be leaving Edinburgh and a very worrying couple of days followed. We survived this first ‘crisis’ as a married couple and we are both still here!
To celebrate I have done a few main things:
(1) put in a full days worth of internship work;
(2) had my first PhD article published online;
(3) made another conference submission;
(4) was given a copy of my recent presentation video;
(5) had a cheeky glass of prosecco - even on a school night.
I blip my most liked Facebook status yet. My wedding did not even top that!