A root removal device
I had a climbing rose growing up my garden arch. Unfortunately it was only in flower for a very short time but grew huge. It had to go.
F and I cut it down and tried to dig the root up. Some of it had gone under a paving stone and much as we tried, couldn’t budge it. F always has good practical ideas and he rigged up this lever with the spade, some twine and part of my old washing line pole which I had kept.
This lever worked really well and got the root out in no time. I was very grateful for the help and will lend a hand in his garden when he needs it.
I plan on putting a clematis in the space where the rose was.