Letscommunicate

By Artyfartyannie

Our first view

Not much to report on the first day we went to Istanbul as I slept nearly all the 4 hour flight apart from eating a lovely Turkish dinner from Turkish Airlines which we can ery much recommend. I know that the time we entered our room was 8 pm as when I opened the balcony doors I met with a lovely sunset and the call to prayer It started with one mosque and then went on to many mosques and many voices singing the evocative song of this area. There should be 5 calls to prayer in the day. 80 % of Istanbul has a Muslim population. The other 20% has a mixture of Christian, Jews and others. Day one, tired and accepting our new environment Mr Curtis ( in charge of Meals) found us a well acceptable restaurant in the local and we were happy.

497 views
  • 0
  • 0