Friday 4 March 2011: Sweet sounds
1. Another day of busyness and business.I don't know where the time goes. It just seems to vanish. But things are done, things are accomplished.
2. These are the brightest cupcakes I have ever seen. They looked so pretty sitting there, like ladies all in their finery waiting to be picked at the dance.
3. Getting the chance to sit in the run of a new play. Part of this play is in gaelic. It was very moving and lyrical and a treat for a Friday afternoon.
4. I seem to have been talking about the gaelic language a lot recently. My Gran spoke it and my dad's cousin, who lives in South Uist still speaks it too. She is coming down soon and I've been trying to speak the way she does, on the intake of breath - and it's really hard. Once you get it though it makes everything you say sound musical.
5. And suddenly there's a Friday night laid before me, the computers shut down and phones stop ringing. The sweetest sound of all.