Friday 6 April 2012: Ave Maria
1. I leave work at lunctime for a half day holiday. It starts with a sprint across town to meet the man measuring my floors. I'm only a few minutes late.
2. With the afternoon ahead I buy a picnic and some tools. As I eat, sat on the big pile of velvet curtains that I use for a chair, I start to get a bit chilly. There's nothing for it but to improvise some slippers.
3. I demolish the kitchen. Well, get the high cupboards off and make a start on the tiles. I get a lot done by six, when I tidy up for the evening.
4. Back on the curtains, having a rest, I start to hear church bells. They play Ave Maria. It's rather nice to sit in the stillness, those bells the only sound.
5. Clockwork. Pizza. BBC4 documentary about Queen. Champion.