Thursday 31 May 2012: The right setting
1. Aw man I am crabbitt when I wake up. Baby blue? Baby effin blue? Then there's the weather and no shoes to wear and my hair and my Blackberry not working and other people and other people with trundly cases and and and... I need to have a word with myself and as I do, the very lovely Adrian Howells catches up with me and tells me how stylish I look. Wise up lady.
2. Upbeat, funny and very productive Lifeguard, department, Five Minute Theatre meetings come thick and fast before I head over to Tramway.
3. So this is Macbeth - you may have heard of it - and I'm here to see a run with Natalie who will be interpreting the show into BSL. We've got about 200 deaf folk coming to see it in a couple of weeks and today was - literally - years of planning coming into action. We're doing things as we always hoped we would in the way we think it should be done and my god it's daunting.
4. Ok, don't quote me and this is totally unofficial, but this is very good. Very, very good. More than once my breath is taken away. Not often you can say that on a Thursday afternoon.
5. Fairly early on I know I won't make my 4,30 meeting and as I hunt about for the number to let Louise know I notice someone in a Citz t-shirt walk past - we clock each other and I think, 'funny if that was her'. I make it to the Citz for my meeting about an hour and a half late and - you guessed it - it was indeed her. We have a laugh - she said she clocked me too, looked at my shoes and said 'I bet she's somebody'. I've never been a 'somebody' before. Ace meeting full of rapid fire chat and excellent plans. I end the day smiling and decide to avoid my flat for the first night in a while and smile even more. Crabbitt be gone.