How to enter
- To enter you'll first need to sign up to picture-sharing site Blipfoto. This is free and will only take 30 seconds.
- Next, upload your photograph that creatively captures daylight, to our specially created microsite. This might be a cityscape, a mountain scene, or your favourite place. Or perhaps just the view from your bedroom window.
- The competition is free to enter and there is no limit to the number of entries you can make. However, each entry must be posted against the date it was taken, with only one entry per date.
- The judges will be looking for the photo that best uses and displays the landscape, and, importantly the light. Entries from camera phones are just as welcome as photos from SLR cameras.
- Competition entries will close on 20 February 2015; the winner will be announced in March 2015.
- For full terms and conditions, please visit http://www.blipfoto.com/legal/terms.
Our winner will win the trip of a lifetime for two, to northern Finland’s summer of endless daylight, spending three nights, not under the stars, but in a low sun haze in a glass igloo. For your remaining four nights you will sleep in a rustic log cabin in the arctic resort of Kakslauttanen, taking an unforgettable trip to the stunning remote wilderness of Lemmenjoki National Park (where you can pan for gold in the rivers). Finally, we will send you on a journey along the River Lemmenjoki, and an incredible adventure to view the midnight sun.
By taking part in Lovers of Light, you agree to the following Terms & Conditions:
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age. By entering this competition you warrant that you are aged 18 or over.
- Although this competition is open to entrants from outside the United Kingdom, persons may not enter if they are resident in a country or area of jurisdiction where the competition is in breach of applicable law or regulation.
- The competition prizes are identified in the notice on the blipfoto.com/loversoflight web page. Blipfoto Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes Bank Holidays (both UK and Finland). Should be taken during the summer period between June – October to benefit from the midnight sun. Excludes winter.
- Flights must include a Saturday night stay in your destination. Departure airport used will be dependent on the availability from the winners nearest available UK international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. Flights will be indirect. Non UK passports holders may need a visa for this destination, which they should arrange with the Embassy at their own expense. Includes all taxes and surcharges. An overnight stay may be required in Helsinki on return flights which will be included.
- Driver must be over the age of 25 and have held a full clean driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. Fully inclusive refers to unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, theft protection, local taxes and airport fees. Driver must also hold a valid credit card (not debit card) with a minimum of £500 available for security deposit, which is refundable upon safe return of the vehicle.
- Accommodation will be based on two people sharing a glass igloo for 3 nights. Luggage should be left in the luggage room in the main building, only a bag or hand carry with essentials is recommended to bring to igloos. Each Glass Igloo has a toilet and a small basin, while saunas, showers and toilets are available in a separate building, guests can enjoy the evening sauna from 17:00 to 22:00 while shower is operating 24 hours a day. There are towels, bathing gel, shampoo and hair dryer at the changing room. All beds in glass igloos are single beds, there are sockets inside each igloo, please bring along any adaptor if needed. Remaining 4 night will be in a one bed room log cabin featuring a bathroom, sauna and fireplace. All accommodation will be based on a dinner, bed and breakfast.
- All activities are subject to availability. Lemmenjoki excursion will last approx. 9 hours. Quad biking will last approx. 30 minutes with 2 people sharing one bike. Driver should be over 15. Not suitable for under 5’s. Horse carriage ride will last approx. 1.5 hours.
- Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
- All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
- All photographs must be submitted to Lovers of Light via the dedicated microsite. Entrants should ensure their contact details entered in their Blipfoto account settings are complete and correct.
- Each entrant may submit as many individual images and accompanying text, taken on separate dates, as they choose. Entries will be retained by Blipfoto.
- The competition is open to everyone, whether professional, amateur or student photographers.
- Employees of Blipfoto Ltd, VELUX, their immediate families or anyone else associated with the competition are not eligible to enter.
- After the closing date, all entries will be voted on by members of the Blipfoto community and a shortlist will go forward to the final panel of judges. Judges will be looking for shots that best capture and portray the light. The judges' decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a technical problem or evidence of impropriety with regard to the submission the judges shall have the final and binding decision and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs and text entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking or submitting their photographs.
- When uploading photographs, all entrants will be asked to declare that the images they are submitting comply with the competition rules and that the information they have provided is true and accurate.
- Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of their entries or won or been a runner up in any other photographic competition with any of their entries.
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photographs and text that they submit to the competition. By entering the competition all entrants grant Blipfoto Ltd and its licensees the worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual right to store, use, copy, display, publish, transmit, edit, modify, reformat and exhibit all or any part of their photographs and text within Blipfoto & VELUX websites, publications and all other forms of media (electronic or otherwise). No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants who are one of the finalists also agree to take part in post competition publicity.
- Blipfoto is not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, defaced, corrupt, lost or delayed entries, network, internet connection, computer hardware or software failures or errors of any kind. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Blipfoto regrets that it is unable to accept postal entries.
- Blipfoto Ltd reserves the right to cancel or change this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Winners will be announced on www.blipfoto.com/loversoflight and informed by email by 31 March 2015. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be given. If the winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made Blipfoto Ltd reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner-up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- The real name and town of residence of entrants may be published in relation to the applicable competition. Finalists may also be required to take part in publicity.