Sunday 6 May 2012: The Unsinkable. The Unthinkable.
1. A wash, a scrape and a wipe and my tiles look ace. I can't tell you how good it feels to make these wee step by step transformations. It may not look that much different, but I know how much has been done. It makes it all exciting, all over again.
2. My washing machine exploded yesterday leaving all my clothes (not too much of an exaggeration) singed and honking of burnt rubber. We lug that and a few other things across town before delivering the car and lots of tools back to their rightful owner.
3. I don't think there's anything good that can be said about a visit to East Kilbride shopping centre other than it is very, very good to leave.
4. A productive trip in town and my first visit to the Apple store which lasts around five minutes. I admire it in many, many ways though perhaps from afar.
5. So, tomorrow Colin heads off for a 4 week cycling trip as bike captain on a piece of carbon lite touring theatre we have created. The team of five folk, led by Coldo will cycle 300 miles and perform in primary schools in a big loop downward from Glasgow, round and back. We're preparing here - the panniers are getting packed, the camera is loaded, the waterproof cover for the iphone is fitted. Carbon lite does not mean technology lite. It's exciting witnessing the preparations for an expedition.