Sunday 27 May 2012: Last day
1. The pressure is on. Just one day left to make the most of the tower and there's a lot to do. I spend the morning fitting lights. The first, I manage all by myself (with some hotline guidance from Clark and Sons) and feel exceptionally proud.
2. After dismantling the beast and reassembling it in the hall, I start the second light on the list. It beats me. I fall apart and phone Colin and a tizz. Minutes later Clark senior is on the phone - he's on his way. An hour later, I've had a bit of lunch and calmed down and my light is up. I am very, very lucky indeed.
3. So I can crack on. And I do.
4. By 10pm I have the top half of the hall done, the scaffold dismantled and all the brushes and rollers washed.
5. It's been a long, hard week. Tough, boring, tiring, scary, dirty, lonely, lovely, challenging, pink, bright, sunny and good.