Wednesday 20 April 2011: Live
1. I'm up early today, ready in my radio outfit. I don't have time to get nervous because some good news pops in that puts things in prespective and makes me look at things a bit differently. I close my door behind me with a spring in my step.
2. My taxi arrives and whisks me off to the BBC for my interview. It's all exciting and weird. The show I was listening to while I left the house is still being broadcast as I sit and wait. I am shown in and take a seat and just start talking to Fred MacAulay. Just like that. It's a lot of fun.
3. The sun breaks through the mist, the cafe on the hill opens the balcony and we stroll past the canel on our way back from lunch.
4. Talking on the princess phone is better.
5. A walk home in the sun chatting to mum and as we talk I see a sight that makes us both burst out laughing. There's a big lorry loaded with hay stuck on the motorway and it reminds us of a story that dad used to tell. The punchline is 'where do you want this load of hay'. Funny to no one else but us and lovely to remember. Very lovely to remember.